PROJECT ADMINISTRATORS, (2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
Closing Date: 9 November 2015
Tracking Number: TPW 2015-322
Job Title: Project Administrator, Ref no. TPW 2015-322 (2 positions available)
Department: Transport and Public Works
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Mr C Croeser at (021) 483 2848
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ two (2) individuals to assist the relevant Programme Managers with all aspects of project administration, and to report to and keep the Manager fully informed of developments. The successful candidates must be willing to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and must also be customer and service delivery orientated. These positions are based in Cape Town.
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification);
- A minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience.
- A Project Management Certificate or Diploma.
Key Performance Areas:
- Timeous and accurate registration of all project information (including financial) on the Project Management Information Systems (EPM/RPM);
- Establish and maintain a project documentation library, and this includes providing document management support, the identification, change control and administration on all project-related documents;
- Collect, analyse, maintain and verify data for projects on RPM;
- Assist the Project/Programme Manager to implement new processes and procedures;
Work closely with Project / Programme Manager to provide project administration support throughout the project lifecycle:
- Produce reports on project costs in relation to project objectives;
- Produce minutes and agendas for project meetings;
- Create, implement and maintain project case files;
• Perform quality reviews.
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Projects);
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Project management skills;
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Remuneration: R 196 278 – R 231 210 per annum (Salary level 7).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.