ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, SUB DIRECTORATE: MUNICIPAL HUMAN SETTLEMENT PLANNING, REF NO. HS 2016-217
Tracking Number: HS 2016-217
Job Title: Administrative Officer, Sub Directorate: Municipal Human Settlement Planning, Ref no. HS 2016-217
Department: Human Settlements
Salary level: 7
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms IM Nel at (021) 483 6237
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to render a general administrative office support service to the Sub-Directorate: Municipal Human Settlement Planning. This position is based in Cape Town.
- A 3-year B-Degree or National Diploma plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in a general administrative office support working environment; or
- A Grade 12 (or equivalent) Certificate plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a general administrative office support working environment.
- Good working knowledge with experience in/of:
- General office administration and database management;
- General support systems such as BAS, CMATS, etc;
- Information and Records Management/Administration;
- Administrative procedures and processes;
- Procurement processes, specifically the procurement of professional services;
Key Performance Areas:
- Render a general administrative support service;
- Render a financial and procurement support service;
- People Management.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Good computer literacy skills in MS Office packages and the Internet;
- Good implementation and monitoring skills;
- Good planning, organising and record keeping skills;
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Good customer/client liaison skills;
- Good record keeping skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, willingness to work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work within specific timeframes;
- Ability to draft submissions, reports, etc;
- Ability to act with tact and discretion;
- Must be innovative, creative, pragmatic, assertive, flexible, decisive, persuasive, impartial and consistent;
- Self-confident, motivated and disciplined;
- Have a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Customer focused.
Remuneration: R 211 194 – R 248 781 per annum (Salary level 7).
Note on remuneration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: This position is specifically aimed to employ persons with disabilities within the Western Cape Government. The attached disability disclosure form is to be completed. Documentary evidence, as stipulated in Part E of the form must be submitted with your online application.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply for this specific post you applied for within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Attachments (please download and complete if applicable)
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.