SENIOR STATE ACCOUNTANT – BUDGETS, REF NO. HS 2016-210
Tracking Number: HS 2016-210
Job Title: Senior State Accountant – Budgets, Ref no. HS 2016-210
Department: Human Settlements
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Salary level: 8
Reporting To: Mr C Bestenbier at (021) 483 8383
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking an individual to assist with the coordination, compilation and consolidation of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) budget processes, as well as the Adjustment Estimates processes and procedures within the Directorate Financial Management. This position is based in Cape Town.
- B-Degree/National Diploma (as recognised by SAQA) with Finance, Economics and/or Management as majors;
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a management accounting environment.
- Working knowledge and experience of:
- Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), National and Provincial Treasury Regulations, Provincial Treasury Instructions, Financial Legislation, Prescripts, Policies, Guidelines, Delegations, Standards, Procedures and Best Practices in the Public Sector;
- Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) budget processes; as well as the Adjustments Estimates processes and procedures;
- Registration of the approved MTEF budget and Adjustment Estimates onto the Basic Accounting System (BAS) and the reconciliation thereof to the approved MTEF and Adjustment Budgets;
- Registration of shifting of funds and virements on BAS and the reconciliation thereof to the relevant approvals for such shifts and virements;
- Drafting of submission to Provincial Treasury with regard to function shifts, structure changes, roll-over funds and virements;
- Transversal Financial Information Systems such as BAS, PERSAL and LOGIS;
- HSS (Housing Subsidy System).
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist with co-ordination, compilation and consolidation of the MTEF budget processes and Adjustment Estimates processes and procedures in the Department;
- Assist with co-ordination, review, analysis and quality assurance of all financial reporting information applicable to Department’s MTEF Budget and Adjustment Estimates;
- Provide advice, guidance and training to Program, Sub-Program and Responsibility Managers in Department;
- Ensure supervision, development and monitoring of staff within the component.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, BAS, PERSAL and LOGIS;
- Communication (verbal and written) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Planning, organising and record keeping skills;
- Ability to interpret relevant financial legislation, acts, regulations and policies;
- Problem solving, accuracy and methodological skills;
- People Management skills.
Remuneration: R 262 272 – R 308 943 per annum (Salary level 8)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.