SENIOR DIESEL MECHANIC – KLERKSDORP
Closing Date: 10 May 2016
Job Title: Senior Diesel Mechanic – Klerksdorp
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Klerksdorp, North-West, South Africa
To ensure that preventative and reactive maintenance repairs are carried out on all Engen bulk delivery vehicles, in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and Engen’s policies and procedures within acceptable time frames and within the approved budget. Ensuring strict compliance to Engen’s Health Safety and Environmental policies and effective management of subordinates.
- Managed Fleet maintenance
- People management
- Workshop equipment and Infrastructure Maintenance
- Well maintained & reliable fleet
- Depot establishment maintained
- Workshop efficiency
- Safe working equipment and environment
Education & Experience:
- Matric or equivalent
- Min 5 Years post trade test experience as diesel mechanic
- Experience in service & repairs to MAN, Merc & petroleum tankers & equipment
- Code EC drivers licence with Prdp –DG
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
•Qualified Diesel Mechanic with minimum 5 years post trade test experience.
•Understanding of the fundamentals of business, with special reference to Fleet maintenance.
•Broad understanding of SAP R3 PM module and other interfacing modules
•Broad understanding of Depot Operation Processes
•Knowledge of the Road Traffic Act & related municipal by laws.
– SABS standards with regard to the conveyance of hazardous substances relating to the safe and legal operation of vehicles.
•Communication (verbal, written).
- The appointment will be made in line with Engen’s Employment Equity Strategy.
- All applications must be submitted to the contact person/numbers provided & in the manner requested.
- If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
- Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Tuesday May 10th, 2016 5:00pm.
Job # 1875742/988: Diesel Mechanic – C (Spar Group)
JetPark Gauteng (South Africa)
Salary: Market Related
Permanent senior level position at Spar Group in the FMCG, Retail & Wholesale (FMCG) industry.
This position will offer the successful incumbent a challenging position as well as a competitive salary.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- do standby duties and overtime as required
- comply to all OHS Act, and Road Traffic Act requirements for heavy duty vehicles
- service, repair and fault finding on tail lifts and fridge units
- maintain high housekeeping standards
- provide technical support on our fleet of trucks, trailers and all ancillary equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification
- work with minimal supervision
- service, repair and fault finding on trucks and trailers
- new generation Mercedes Benz
- good fault finding
- star diagnostics experience will be an advantage
- customer service principles
- motor mechanics
- the retail motor industry
- industry trends and developments
- vehicle parts and products
- Wabco braking systems
With the 1960’s emergence of grocery chains in South Africa, a group of 8 wholesalers was given the exclusive rights to the SPAR name in 1963, to service 500 small retailers.
Our three friendly store formats, which are, SPAR for neighbourhood shopping, SUPERSPAR for one-stop, competitively priced, bulk shopping and KWIKSPAR for every day convenience, cater more than adequately for all your shopping preferences.
SPAR operates under “voluntary trading” principles which means that while we encourage our retailers to take advantage of SPAR’s trading power, our retailers can source goods from local traders. That is why each store has its own regional personality.
Today the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centres, supplies goods and services to almost 800 SPAR stores in South Africa. The SPAR Group listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2005.
Apply online before 21/11/2015.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.
Engineering Learnerships X 12
Area – Pretoria
My client is offering 12 X Engineering Learnerships. This is a 2 year program where incumbents will be afforded both class room (Theory) and on- the-job training (Practical) and will be given an opportunity to attain an Engineering trade test certificate.
Stipend : R 5,500 Pm.
Leanerships on offer in the following Fields:
Fitter X 4
Boilermaker / Plater and Welder X 4
Diesel Mechanic X 4
Grade 12 with Mathematics or N3 Theory in Engineering,
Good Fault finding and problem solving skills,
Good planning and organising skills,
Technical & engineering equipment understanding,
Self-motivation, analytical, cognitive thinking and good communication skills,
Be responsible and committed,
Engineering / Technical Drawing.
You will need to download the following application form found here : S84 Learnership Application Form
Once you have clicked on the above link, save the document to your computer (or check your “Downloads” folder) on your computer. Print it, complete , sign and follow all the instructions and send back to us via fax to email on 086 460 84 78. Reference number : JENG-2248-GAU. Apply before 30.10.2015
* Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required documents are not attached to the application form. Certified copies of Grade 12 / N3 and Certified copy of ID must be sent along with the Application form. Candidates are required to submit proof of identity for vetting purposes. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo further assessments and security and background checks.
Source: Engineering Learnerships 2016