GROUNDSMAN: DIRECTORATE – LAND AND ASSET MANAGEMENT, REF NO. HS 2016-208
TRACKING NUMBER: HS 2016-208
JOB TITLE: Groundsman: Directorate – Land and Asset Management, Ref no. HS 2016-208
DEPARTMENT: Human Settlements
SALARY LEVEL: 2
CLOSING DATE: 27 JUNE 2016
REPORTING TO: Mr P Southgate at (021) 826 5711
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Elsies River, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified individual to maintain and keep in good order the erven of the Western Cape Housing Development Board throughout the Cape Metropole. To maintain the surrounding blocks of flats and to assist with miscellaneous tasks. This position is based in Elsies River.
- Adult Basic Education and Training (Grade 10)
- Previous field experience will be advantages
- Previous experience in ensuring that safety measures are applied when utilising highly flammable chemicals and other substances such as weed killer;
- Experience with liaison with groups and visitors to a facility – verification of numbers.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Site cleaning – Break down all illegal shacks and dwellings and remove it from Human Settlements property;
- Cleaning blocks of flats belonging to the Department of Human Settlements;
- Support at Head Office;
- Maintain workshop yard, equipment and GG vehicles;
- Maintain and cleaning vacant land owned by the Department of Human Settlements.
- Passion about hygiene, flexible, reliable and able to work at a fast pace;
- Ability to do hard manual labour;
- Ability to handle tools.
- Able to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
REMUNERATION: R 84 096 – R 99 060 per annum (Salary level 2).
NOTES: To apply, you may submit an online or manual application. If you submit a manual application, please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form.
Forward your manual application to: Attention: Janine Kammies, Affirmative Portfolios Recruitment Consultants, P.O. Box 5496, Tygervalley Centre, 7536. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
ATTACHMENTS (PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE IF APPLICABLE) Z83 (APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT).PDF (63.64 KB)
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.