Code 14 Truck Driver -Witbank
Job Title: Code 14 Truck Driver -Witbank
Department: Sales & Marketing
Closing Date: 2016/07/14
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Witbank, Mpumalanga
Key Purpose: To deliver bulk products from the Terminal/Depot by road in a safe and efficient manner as laid down in the policies and regulations of the Company. To operate and maintain the Bulk Trucks entrusted to you in accordance with Company standards.
- Safe delivery of products
- Care of Vehicles
- Upholding of Company Image
- Handling of delivery hoses
- Carry out the check of the vehicle as per the procedure set out in S I 422 and complete the required forms
- Hand the completed checklist to the Security Guard as you leave the premises on your first load.
- Any serious defaults must be reported immediately and the vehicle is not to leave the Depot.
- Loading of bulk products into the tank trucks as per the laid down procedures
- Delivery of this product into the storage tanks of the customer as directed and in accordance with the laid down policy and standing instructions.
- Pumping back of product at the Depot as and when required with approval of the Supervisor
- Preparation and completion of delivery notes
- invoices for products delivered
- Complying with the credit policy of the Company by means of collecting cheques from customers as directed.
- Completion of shift reports
- Bulk vehicle preventative maintenance as required.
- Completion of transport administrative records as directed from time to time by the Dispatch Supervisor.
- Reporting of defects at customer installations to the Dispatch Supervisor.
- Reporting of Accidents Spillages Contaminations Fires or any other catastrophes/emergencies to the Dispatch Supervisor/Depot Manager immediately and completing of related documents/records.
- Participate in Driver Competitions and attend training courses and fire/emergency drills as and when required.
- Create a good public image by maintaining a clean vehicle and operating the same with courtesy and caution.
- Ensure that all signage on the vehicle is in a good condition eg Hazchem, No Smoking, No Naked Flames, No Cellphones.
- Ensure that Fire Extinguishers and Triangles are serviceable
- Performing of meter checks as and when required or in accordance with laid down procedures/standing instructions
- Carry out OSHACT duties as set out in terms of section 14 of the Act
- Adhere to the special requirements of deliveries which have to be made to the Mines.
- Attend Drivers meetings.
Education & Experience:
- Matric and or equivalent
- Valid EC Driving license
- Valid Hazchem Certificates
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Good knowledge of traffic rules
- Knowledge of Petroleum industries
- Working knowledge of truck operations
- Safety consciousness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills
- ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated
- Ability to use initiative
- Achievement output driven
- Problem identification attentive
- All applications must be submitted to the contact details provided and in the manner requested.
- If not submitted by the closing date, applications will automatically not be considered.
- Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
- Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Engen’s approved Employment Equity plans and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.