Job Title: CAD Manager
Department: Operations – Properties
Reporting To Position: Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Kuils River
An opportunity for a CAD Manager has become available in our Operations: Properties team. The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing the CAD function through planning and organising of the CAD office activities, quality control and providing input into the space planning strategy and implementation thereof.
A prerequisite of this role is the proficient use of Revit, Auto Cad and ability to visualize 3D layout, with a minimum of 3 years’ working in a design and store layout role. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Supervisory/Managerial role is also required.
We are looking for someone with a relevant Architectural/ Design diploma/certificate or N4/N5 in building drafting and having completed a Revit course.
If you have completed an AutoCad and/or Occupational Health and Safety course it would be to your advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Knowledge and skills required to be able to perform this function:
– Knowledge of the National Building Regulations
– Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
– Knowledge of technical Store Design
– Creative with the ability to come up with ideas that support the business strategy
– Numerical skills
– Good judgment together with strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
– Planning, organising & time management skills
– Presentations skills
– Deadline driven with a strong sense of urgency
– Management and relationship building skills
– The ability to:
o Budget effectively
o Communicate effectively at all levels
1. Process Management – Deliver on business Store layout/design requirements:
– Collaborate with relevant parties and collate Store Design information and distribute to CAD team for execution.
– Planning and organising the activities of the Cad office to deliver on design and drawings of a high quality and in accordance to business requirements.
– Present Store Layout/Design proposals and obtain approvals from relevant parties.
2. Strategy input and implementation
– Provide input into the Store Design strategy and the implementation thereof. This includes staying abreast of current trends and challenging the current status quo, process flow and store layout and design plan and identify opportunities in line with business strategy.
– Provide guidance to the CAD team to ensure operational and technical excellence.
3. Quality Control
– Review the output of the CAD team and ensure it meets current quality standards and are in line with specification and regulations.
– Manage expenses within budget
– Stakeholder management
– Team/Talent management, this includes:
o Talent review and succession planning
o Employee engagement
You might also like: