Administration Clerk Agricultural Producer Support and Development
Closing Date: 2021/09/13
Reference Number: WCG210811-6
Tracking Number: AGR 35/2021
Ref No: AGR 35/2021
Salary level: 5
Enquiries: Ms V Erasmus at (023) 414 4209 / (023) 414 9209
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South Africa, Western Cape
Town / City: Central Karoo (Prince Albert)
Job Purpose: The Department of Agriculture, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for a competent individual to provide an effective and efficient administrative and secretarial support service within Agricultural Producer Support and Development. This post is stationed in Central Karoo – Prince Albert.
Minimum Requirements: Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification).
Recommendation Relevant experience: Experience in creating, maintaining, and administering information databases.
Key Performance Areas:
- Updating of registers and statistics;
- Handling routine enquires;
- Make photocopies and receive or send emails/facsimiles;
- Distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required;
- Keep and maintain the filling system for projects in the sub-directorate: Type letters and/or other correspondence when required;
- Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing document register of the component;
- Provide secretarial assistance during stakeholder engagements; Provide financial support with a compilation of training plans;
- Provide high-level administrative support such as assistance with line function projects and activities.
- A good understanding of the following:
- Communication skills (writing and verbal);
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- planning, organizing, and human relation skills;
- Ability to accept accountability and responsibility and to work
- independently and unsupervised.
Remuneration: R 173 703 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc. MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online at: www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs or https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co. will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department. The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
APPLY or if you need help applying CLICK HERE