ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT OFFICER: PROVINCIAL MONITORING AND EVALUATION PROGRAMME AND PROJECT PERFORMANCE – REF: DOTP 2016-244
Tracking Number: DOTP 2016-244
Job Title: Administrative Support Officer: Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation Programme and Project Performance – Ref: DOTP 2016-244
Department: Department of the Premier
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Ms A Mohamed at (021) 483 6275
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to provide administrative support for the provision of a provincial-wide monitoring and evaluation. The successful candidate must be willing to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines. This position is based in Cape Town.
• An appropriate 3 year National Diploma/ B-degree (as recognised by SAQA);
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in administrative support.
• Any formal diploma/training in Monitoring and Evaluation; • Knowledge and experience in providing administrative and technical support to a research unit.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) logistics and technical support for the efficient implementation of the M&E forum engagements by the directorate Provincial-wide monitoring and evaluation;
• Provide M&E administrative support in relation to the development and reporting of the Provincial Evaluation Plan;
• Provide administrative and technical support for the seamless coordination and running of Management Performance Assessment Tool (MPAT) in the Western Cape Government;
• Provide system support on the archiving of the data bases relevant to Province-wide Monitoring and Evaluation feeding into Business Intelligence;
• Provide Monitoring and Evaluation and project support to the Directorate;
• Provide generic office support to the Directorate.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Knowledge and experience in basic research and analysis;
• Experience in providing effective and efficient support to management;
• Have good communication and presentation skills, verbal and written;
• The ability to organise and archive data bases logically and efficiently;
• The ability to collect, synthesise and collate information;
• Have report writing skills, and the ability to customize information;
• Have some knowledge of the policies and priorities of provincial and national government;
• Have some knowledge of global, regional and local political, economic and social trends impacting on the Western Cape Government;
• Knowledge if inter-governmental and stakeholder relations;
• The ability to plan, organise and coordinate logistics for meetings, events and workshops.
Remuneration: R 211 194 – R 248 781 per annum – (Salary level 7)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful, if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews and undergo competency assessments on a date and time as determined by the department.