Department of Infrastructure Development
Post: ARTISAN PRODUCTION GRADE A- C: BUILDING (17 POSTS)
Reference Number: REF-07480
Number of Posts: 17
Directorate: Other Provincial Departments Infrastructure, Maintenance and Technical Portfolio Services.
Salary: R145 320 – R249 837 per annum (plus benefits)
- An appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
- A valid driver’s License.
- The offer is based on recognition of experience after a Trade test certificate. (Proof of recognized experience must be attached).
- Knowledge of Public Service Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1993 and other relevant Legislations.
- Planning and organizing, verbal and written communication and computer literacy skills.
- Administer safekeeping of relevant technical documentation.
- Undertake job assessments.
- Determine material requirements.
- Validate availability of tools & materials before commencing.
- Validate that job requisitions are signed off and handed back.
- Ensure that areas where work has been carried out are left clean.
- Keeping record of job cards and follow up on outstanding work.
- Report on schedules.
- Make inputs to specifications.
- Draw up maintenance schedules.
- Record keeping of maintenance schedules.
- Provide support to Tradesman Aid.
- Undertake research and literature studies.
- Apply research findings in the work environment.
- Assist with budgeting and expenditure control.
- Supervise subordinate staff.
- Apply code of conduct.
Notes: PLEASE NOTE: To apply for the above position, please apply online (Apply Online button further down).
Only online applications will be considered.
For General Enquiries please contact Human Resource on: 011 355 5351.
It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan.
To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race, gender and disability status is required. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to appoint.
Disabled people are encouraged to apply. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Ms Tshepiso Raletsemo Tel: 011 891 6757
Closing Date: 2015/10/02 12:00:00 AM
- Do you have an appropriate Trade Test Certificate?
- Do you have a valid Driver’s licence?
- Do you have experience in maintenance?