Tracking Number: CS 2016-220
Closing Date: 3 October 2016
Job Title: Administrative Officer: Safety Promotion, Ref no. CS 2016-220
Department: Community Safety
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Mr R De Lange at (021) 483 5590
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a Administrative Officer with good adminstration and communication skills.
This individual must take initiative, be innovative, honest and reliable. This position is based in Cape Town.
- A relevant B-Degree/National (or equivalent qualification).
- Recommendation 3 years’ experience in Project Mananagement
- Collation and management of information flow
Key Performance Areas:
- Coordinate the implementation of safety partnerships
- Coordinate the implementation of Youth Safety and Religious Programme
- Support with ad hoc projects
- Supervision of the staff in the component.
Competencies Basic knowledge of the following:
- Community policing;
- Knowledge of volunteerism;
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced organising skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
Remuneration: R 211 194– R 248 781 per annum.
Note on remuneration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency test.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date.