Online Shopping Assistant Flexi – Perm
Online Shopping Assistant Flexi
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Online Shopping Assistant Flexi – Perm to join our MR D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hardworking people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great
Furthermore, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives when the going gets tough and is solutions-driven to simplify and innovate. If you’re results-oriented, self-motivated with attested retail/e- commerce experience, this is your opportunity to kick-start your career.
The position reports to the Customer Services Team Leader
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering timely, accurate and professional customer service.
- Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Assisting with order success to limit food loss and enhance customer experience
- Communicate with customers via phone and email.
- Utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun, and fast paced environment.
- Prioritise and handle all emails and incoming calls in English.
- Liaise between internal departments to solve customer queries.
- Assessing any service failure to identify the route cause and take appropriate action to ensure similar failures are avoided.
- Take ownership of our customers and ensure that their needs are met as soon as possible.
- Customer-obsessed, able to create a positive customer experience for all contacts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to inform decisions
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external clients
- Ability to approach problems logically and with good judgement to ensure the appropriate customer outcome
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior Certificate or Higher
- Minimum of 6 – 12 months within the customer service environment
- Flexibility to work rotational shifts which includes weekends, public holidays and overnight work.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.