2021 Seasonal work from home
Customer Service Associate
Please note that this is a Work From Home / Virtual Customer Service (VCS) position and you may reside anywhere in South Africa as long as you have a Fibre internet line at home
Amazon is seeking customer-focused, values driven, passionate, articulate, detail-oriented and disciplined applicants with a desire to contribute to world-class customer service in a Virtual (Work from Home) environment on a seasonal basis (40 hours per week as per scheduled shifts). Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate, and professional customer service to all Amazon customers.
This vital position requires a self-disciplined, self-motivated and action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist amazon.com or amazon.co.uk retail customers (mostly from the USA or Europe) in resolving all customer-facing queries and problems such as account and billing queries and tracking their retail orders. Associates will be required to communicate with customers via phone, email and chat so a suitable home office with uninterrupted internet connectivity and quiet work area is required. Associates will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies, and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced environment
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets. Most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you will likely require that you work over weekends and public holidays
Things that Should be in Your Background:
- Completed NQF Level 4 or a Matric qualification or higher. Higher qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum 12-month service industry experience
- Intermediate Computer knowledge (speed, accuracy and navigation)
- South African Citizen/Permanent Resident
- An existing and dedicated uncapped Fiber line 10Mbs Upload and 5Mbps Download.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels (written and verbal)
- A Home office environment that must be free from background noise where you can connect the equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable. It must also be in a separate private area where family members and friends don’t interrupt you
- Ability to work shifts, including overnight and on weekends
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat to customers via web chat tools
- Intermediate Computer Knowledge
- Ability to cope well in a high-pressure environment while maintaining high-quality outputs
- Passionate for Delivering Quality Customer Service
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Focused on achieving and exceeding defined goals and objectives
Additional Attributes that will assist in the role:
- Customer Focused
- Communication skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Passionate about the customer
- Results Driven
- Displays Trust and Integrity
- Excellent time management skills
- Adaptable to change
- Appetite to learn
- Ability to deal with pressure
- Team Player
A little about us:
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
Although our business has evolved over the years, one constant is customers’ desire for lower prices, better selection, and convenient services. Today, Amazon shoppers can find what they’re looking for online and in person. From delivering fresh produce to their doorstep, to creating and distributing movies, music, and more, we are always finding new ways to delight our customers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae
All applications will be subject to assessments and interviews, which must be completed by the applicant. All offers are subject to completion of a successful background, police clearance, and reference checks.