HR OFFICER II
REF: 17689/CLCK/HR Officer II/020216
Closing Date: 09 February 2016
AA/EE: Not Applicable
Location: Cape Town
Category: Human Resources
Offer: Market Related
To implement and maintain the human resources initiatives at an operational level in cooperation with the HR manager in order to support the achievement of the Human Resource strategy for Corporate Services.
- To assist with the effective attraction, motivation and retention of core operational talent through the management of consistent and effective recruitment and selection process of staff.
- To assist with the learning and development of the divisional workforce by ensuring IDP’s are developed and submitted to the Training department, to ensure the annual training and development plan in timeous implementation thereof conjunction with the HRM.
- To assist the team with the consistent and effective management of IR issues in line with the company policies and procedures and according to legislative requirements
- To manage the co-ordination and communication with all relevant stakeholders including management and employees.
- To manage the efficient, timeous and accurate administration and record keeping of all HR related information in order to ensure high levels of compliance and masterdata accuracy, ensure superior customer service through the resolution of all HR related queries.
- To compile, generate and analyse HR statistics and reports for the area in order to facilitate quality decision making and meet legislative requirements.
- To support the drive of effective people management processes within the area ensuring a high performance culture.
- To support the implementation of the BU transformation roadmap in order to achieve the BU transformation targets
- To assist the HRM with the implementation of projects and initiatives
- To support the development and implementation of an employee engagement plan that will drive and improve employee engagement
Employment legislation and its relevant application to the retail industry; Knowledge of Industrial Relations legislation and procedures; Competency based recruitment and selection principles and procedures; Generalist HR practices and trends; HR and payroll administration processes; Knowledge of training, development and talent management principles; Knowledge of Employment legislation including OHSA, EEA, BCEA, SDA
Job Related Skills:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels; Interviewing and assessing ability; Attention to detail and analytical ability; Conflict management and problem solving skills; Customer service orientation
- Essential: Generalist HR experience
- Essential: Experience in IR, recruitment, payroll and HR administration
- Essential: 3-year tertiary qualification in Human Resources
- Desirable: Honours Degree