Cold Store Clerk
Admin, Office & Support,
Our client in Cape Town Harbour is seeking a Cold Stores Clerk to join their team to administer the receipt, issue and transfer of products in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Fulfil your functions within the rules, regulations, instructions, policies and procedures applicable to The Company.
- Administer stock/products received from suppliers.
- Administer stock/products issued or transferred to customers and clients.
- Administer stock balance reports.
- Receiving of COS’s from The Company or a written order from clients
- Acting as the link between traders and the cold store and the client and the cold store
- Generating orders and passing the printed order to the Cold Store.
- Administer the processing of documents
- Generating picking slips
- Checking picking slips for correctness and comparing it with the COS to ensure that both documents correspond with each other
- Receiving signed picking slips from the Cold Store Supervisor after products have been loaded
- Generating GIV’s in triplicate
- Placing original GIV’s on file
- Handing copies of GIV’s to the applicable driver and obtaining his signatures on the document
- Forwarding the third copy to the appropriate client
- Executing stock transfers after receipt of a COS or written instruction via the computer (Makro “Hotkey”), printing a transfer voucher and forwarding it to both the clients involved
- Receiving delivery notes from the Cold Store Supervisor or client.
- Confirming the existence of instructions for the receiving of products/stock via COP’s from The Company or written instructions from clients
- Instructing the Cold Store Supervisor to off-load products
- Receiving a list with the product breakdown
- Printing of empty location lists
- Printing of pallet tickets
- Allocating storage location/space in the cold stores
- Generating GRV’s and handing/forwarding a copy thereof to the applicable client
- Printing of stock balance reports
- Keeping clients updated with regards to stock balances when requested
- Resolving stock related queries
- Assisting customers/clients with administrative related queries
- Assisting with physical stocktaking’s when required or requested
- Maintaining of office support equipment and the reporting of problems which cannot be resolved
- Obtaining prior approval from the Cold Store Manager with regards to any adjustments to be made regarding stock levels
- Maintaining general office neatness
- Requesting stationary when required
Location: Western Cape CPT – CBD
Salary: R 8000 – R 9500
Closing date: 23 December 2015