Job # 1875742/988: Diesel Mechanic – C (Spar Group)
JetPark Gauteng (South Africa)
Salary: Market Related
Permanent senior level position at Spar Group in the FMCG, Retail & Wholesale (FMCG) industry.
This position will offer the successful incumbent a challenging position as well as a competitive salary.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- do standby duties and overtime as required
- comply to all OHS Act, and Road Traffic Act requirements for heavy duty vehicles
- service, repair and fault finding on tail lifts and fridge units
- maintain high housekeeping standards
- provide technical support on our fleet of trucks, trailers and all ancillary equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification
- work with minimal supervision
- service, repair and fault finding on trucks and trailers
- new generation Mercedes Benz
- good fault finding
- star diagnostics experience will be an advantage
- customer service principles
- motor mechanics
- the retail motor industry
- industry trends and developments
- vehicle parts and products
- Wabco braking systems
With the 1960’s emergence of grocery chains in South Africa, a group of 8 wholesalers was given the exclusive rights to the SPAR name in 1963, to service 500 small retailers.
Our three friendly store formats, which are, SPAR for neighbourhood shopping, SUPERSPAR for one-stop, competitively priced, bulk shopping and KWIKSPAR for every day convenience, cater more than adequately for all your shopping preferences.
SPAR operates under “voluntary trading” principles which means that while we encourage our retailers to take advantage of SPAR’s trading power, our retailers can source goods from local traders. That is why each store has its own regional personality.
Today the SPAR Group Ltd operates 6 distribution centres, supplies goods and services to almost 800 SPAR stores in South Africa. The SPAR Group listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2005.
Apply online before 21/11/2015.
Please note that Recruiters may delete or expire jobs at any time.