Job Title: Field Services Engineer
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Permanent
The Diagnostic/ Interventional X-Ray business serves the healthcare community through effective and efficient management of capital medical equipment installations and IT solution implementations at various stages across the healthcare continuum.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) is responsible for following defined procedures and methodologies to install, configure, test, maintain and support Diagnostic/ Interventional X-Ray hardware and software, including problem identification, system architecture definition/specification, implementation, acceptance testing, customer training, and solution activation.
You are responsible for:
- Resolves standard customer issues requiring independent judgment based on IT knowledge and skills.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the Philips solution.
- Performs regular maintenance, completes required technical modifications and conducts troubleshooting and repair to remedy issues.
- Exercises independent judgment to adapt to typical variances in the customer environment for obtaining effective results.
- Properly completes assigned project activities with responsibility for results within project work estimates and defined delivery methods
- Works in conjunction with internal project managers, clinical application consultants, senior FSEs, third-party entities, and customer technical lead.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues (remotely & on-site).
- Analyzes reported problems via Remote Service functionality and/or direct contact with the site and collaborate with the Customer Care Solutions Center support engineer to identify, analyze and develop a resolution plan and take the actions required to resolve a customer’s issues. Resolution plans which exceed the individual’s skill or experience level are escalated to the next support level. Regular updates regarding the status of the repair activity are communicated to the customer and Philips management.
You will be reporting to the Service Delivery Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Information Systems
- Technology or related field preferred, or two years formal education combined with appropriate high tech-related experience
- Experience in working with Hospital equipment (a must-have)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft technology fundamentals (Operating System, Server Administration, Networking, Security Fundamentals), or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification
- Previous experience working in a hospital, technical or customer service environment
- Training/experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively communicate with customer managers and technical staff on technical and business issues in local language and English.
- Demonstrates punctuality and efficient work habits. Able to self-direct and to effectively manage priorities.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills in order to be successful in a role performing a wide variety of tasks associated with varying customer needs, and an ability to change focus quickly as demands change
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a South African Citizen by birth or Naturalization prior to 27 April 1994.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.