Financial Assistant | Sanlam
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who we are?
Sanlam Investments Group is one of South Africa’s largest investment management companies. We have a performance history spanning over 100 years and offer a range of investment and financial planning solutions to protect and grow the long-term wealth of our clients.
We take particular pride in:
• Sanlam’s longevity and innovation
• People, teamwork, and values
• A culture of diversity and commitment to growing our own timber
• Our robust, tested, and proven pragmatic investment process and philosophy
Our local and offshore investment products cover the full investment spectrum: active and passive; single and multi-manager – both locally and internationally. Our active funds’ range is managed according to our pragmatic value investing style.
What will you do?
- Processing of creditor invoices into the accounting system
- Processing and effecting of payments to creditors
- Capturing and generating Customer Invoices into the accounting system
- Reconciliation of creditor and debtor statements
- Preparing and capturing of journal entries from source documents into the accounting system
- Dealing with internal and external queries relating to the area of responsibility
What will make you successful in this role?
- Matric (with Accounting as subject) or Higher Diploma in Finance
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience within a similar role
- Experience within a financial services company would be beneficial
- Knowledge of an asset management environment is advantageous
- Knowledge of an accounting system (JD Edwards) would be beneficial
- Knowledge of VAT accounting
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 with 2 to 4 years related experience.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Reconcile invoices and statements
- Creditor payments
- Stakeholder query management
- Accounts payable reporting
- Accounts analysis
- Personal Attributes
- Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently
- Decision quality – Contributing independently
- Action orientated – Contributing independently
- Optimizes work processes – Contributing independently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development, and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provide many opportunities for growth and development.
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
- Customer focus – Contributing independently
- Drives results – Contributing independently
- Collaborates – Contributing independently
- Being resilient – Contributing independently
- Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensure a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.