FORENSIC PATHOLOGY OFFICER (GRADE 1 to 2
|Reference Number: Courant/Swartland Gazette 11/9/2015
|Component: Department of Health
|JOB DETAILS:CORE TITLE: Health Associated Sciences And Support PersonnelInstitution: Forensic Pathology Laboratory (L2), MalmesburyRequirementsMinimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with having achieved Mathematics, English, Life Science and/or Biology as passed subjects.
- Grade 1: None.
- Grade 2: 10 year’s appropriate experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Will be required to wear a uniform.
- Will be required to travel for long periods of time.
- Will be required to work office hours, overtime and standby duties.
- Ability to lift and work with heavy corpses (mutilated, decomposed and infectious viruses, etc.).
- Ability to be trained in Photography and 4 x 4 vehicle handling.
- Ability to communicate clearly and discreetly in person and in writing in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Above-average computer and software literacy in at least MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to be trained in forensic investigation, evisceration.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Effective and efficient recovery, storage and processing of the deceased, that includes physically collecting, processing, and safekeeping of corpses, information, exhibits and property from incident scenes.
- An effective forensic autopsy process rendered in accordance with set standards and guidelines by assisting the forensic pathologist in autopsies (evisceration) and x-raying of corpses.
- Optimal control of reports and specimens during and after the Forensic Mortuary process including the completion and administration of statements and documentation.
- Render an efficient support service to the Forensic Pathology Laboratory Manager with regard to the management of the forensic pathology laboratory (standard operating procedures must be adhered to at all times.
- Accurate and comprehensive capturing of data onto the Forensic Pathology services IT system and any other data basis provided by the department.
- Attend court cases and deliver testimony when subpoenaed to do so.
Note: Short-listed candidates may be subjected to a psychometric and practical test and a security clearance prior to
appointment. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Download a Z83 form here or its obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za. The Z83 forms MUST:
- Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post.
- Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- CV’s will not be returned.
- Excess personnel will receive preference.
- Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in theCourant/Swartland Gazette 11/9/2015.
|Salary: Grade 1: R 128 382 per annum, Grade 2: R 151 221 per annum. Service benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
|Salary Level: OSD
|Applications To:The Chief Director
General Specialist and Emergency Services
Private Bag X15
7500For attention: Ms G Owies
|Closing Date: 2 October 2015
|Enquiries: Mr E Neethling
Tel: (022) 482-2620