General Worker Stores
Reference Number: (Die Gazette 26/10/2021, PSVC 38/2021)
Component: Department of Health
Institution: Swartland Hospital (West Coast District)
13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate experience in a Stores environment.
- Appropriate experience of transporting goods.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Valid (Code B/C1/EB) drivers’ licence.
- Valid PDP (must be valid at the time of the closing of the post).
- Must be physically fit and able to load/unload heavy goods/equipment.
- Willingness to do standby for the transporting of blood after hours (weekends and public holidays).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist Warehouse Clerk with the handling of stock.
- Receive and issue goods.
- Deliver store stock to end-users.
- Rotate store stock (first in, first out).
- Perform certain messenger duties within the hospital environment when required.
- Clean various stores and non-storage areas within the main stores.
- Assist in other Stores when required.
- Assist Supervisor with ad-hoc tasks.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Die Gazette 26/10/2021, PSVC 38/2021)
Salary: R 102 534 per annum
Salary Level: Level 2
The Manager: Medical Services, Swartland Hospital,
Private Bag X15, Malmesbury, 7230.
(For the Attention: Ms AL Groenewald)
Closing Date 15 November 2021
Mr ML Leander
Tel: (022) 487-9230