BUYER (CAPE TOWN)
Closing Date: Wednesday, 18 May 2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To source and compile a range of commodities and ensure that the commodities are acceptable to the Pep consumer market. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of Pep, in accordance to the departmental directive.
- Supplier management (sourcing and loading)
- Range building (Product sourcing & range development)
- Product determination
- Product order management (Administration)
- Budget management and OTB control
- Research about target market and competitiveness
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Consumer Science) or Diploma (e.g. Clothing / Purchasing Management)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Creative, eye for detail and analytical
- Homeware experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a fully-fledged buyer will be an advantage
- Competencies required: Good communicator; Confident; Business Acumen; Negotiation and influencing; Planning, organizing and control; Stress Tolerance; Building and maintaining relationships and able to function independently
- Willingness to travel
If you are interested in applying for the above position and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, with an internal application (internal applicants).
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.