CLAIMS CLERK (IMPORTS)
Closing Date: Tuesday, 9 February 2016
Location: Cape Town
Job Type: Contract
Purpose of the Job:
To administer all import claims. Ensure that import claims are calculated and finalised correctly (complete, accurate and valid).
- Administration of financial import claims (e.g. finalise claims, communicate with suppliers/buyers with regard to claims, etc.)
- Resolve & maintain reconciliation of import claims
- Processing of Journals
- Resolve queries
- Retrieve data (e.g. ageing, amounts outstanding, type of claims outstanding) from MMS (in house system) and create reports in MS Excel & MS Word
- Ensure completeness of all claims that are created
- Administer the documentation and calculations for all Marine Insurance related incidents
- Ad hoc tasks from time to time
Required Knowledge, Skills Competencies:
- Grade 12 (with Accounting)
- Financial diploma/degree (or studying toward it) Computer Literacy (MS Office) (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Aptitude to work with figures
- Retail and/or finance experience will be an advantage
- Competencies: Confidence and Decisiveness; Communication (written and verbal); Building and Maintaining Relationships;
Detail Orientation; Planning, organizing and control and Problem Assessment.
If you are interested in applying for the above position and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV, with an internal application form (for internal applicants).
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.