Supervisor – Distribution Pick & Pack (Johannesburg Isando)
Department: Supply Chain
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Coordinate and manage the picking of correct stock from the DC to maximise productivity of labour, maximise the application of first in and first out (FIFO) stock management and optimise vehicle capacity utilisation.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems, stock discrepancies, re-counts, over supplies and shortages
- Liaise with other departments to resolve any queries and distributions released
- Monitor department KPIs, calculate variances from plans and provide feedback on departmental performance
- Supervise and lead staff in alignment with Sikhula Kunye culture
- Allocate tasks and targets to team and provide them with instructions/guidance
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- Control the correct use of WMS equipment (i.e. zappi’s)
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Ensure all stock for completed lines are scanned out of the DC and that paperwork and transactions on the system are recorded correctly
- Being able to work in any other department when required
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Grade 12
- At least 2 years’ experience within the Distribution Centre environment
- Computer Literacy: MS Office
- Previous experience working with a warehouse management system advantageous
- Competencies required: Planning, Organising and Control; Detail orientation; Ability to build and maintain relationships; Communication skills; a Passionate, service orientated team player; Stress tolerance and Confidence and decisiveness.
- Proficient in English
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.