Buyer (Cape Town)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To source and compile a range of commodities and ensure that the commodities are acceptable to the PEP consumer market. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of PEP, in accordance to the departmental directive.
- Supplier management (Sourcing and loading)
- Range building (Product sourcing and range development)
- Product determination
- Product order management (Administration)
- Budget management and OTB control
- Research about target market and competitiveness
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Consumer Science) or Diploma (e.g. Clothing/Purchasing Management)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Creative eye for detail and analytical
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a buyer
- FMCG experience (groceries) will be an advantage
- Competencies required: Communication; Business Acumen; Negotiation and Influencing; Confidence; Planning, organising and control; Stress tolerance; Building and maintaining relationships and able to function independently.
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.