Reference Number: Gumtree 1/7/2016, Helderberg Distrikpos 8/7/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences And Support Personnel
Institution: Helderberg Hospital (Chief Directorate: Metro District Health Services)
Service benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Appropriate experience in porter services in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
Willingness to work shifts and be able to report for duty at 06:30 (weekends and public holidays).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work independently and in a team context.
- Thorough knowledge of the Dead on Arrival protocol, the removal of corpse’s protocol and handling of folders protocol.
- Knowledge of the grievance and disciplinary procedures and Staff Performance Management System.
- Computer literacy (MS Word and Outlook).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for the Porter service at the Hospital.
- Ensure that disciplinary procedures are effectively enforced.
- Ensure that personnel collect, clean wheelchairs and trolleys and collect medicine hampers.
- Effectively execute all administrative functions applicable on a supervisory level, including training and development.
- Provide effective support to the support supervisor and colleagues.
- Responsible for the internal mortuary service.
- Relief and assist Porters when needed.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Gumtree 1/7/2016, Helderberg Distrikpos 8/7/2016)
Salary: R 100 545 per annum
Salary Level: Level 3
The Chief Executive Officer:
Private Bag X2
(Attention Ms B Klue)
Closing Date: 22 July 2016
Enquiries: Ms B Klue
Tel: (021) 850-4738