ACCOUNTS CLERK, MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING – REF NO. DEDAT 2016-204 (2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
CLOSE DATE: 2016/05/23
Tracking Number: DEDAT 2016-204
Job Title: Accounts Clerk, Management Accounting – Ref No. DEDAT 2016-204 (2 positions available)
Department: Department of Economic Development and Tourism
Salary level: 5
Reporting To: Mr R Le Breton at (021) 483 9158
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ two individuals to assist with co-ordination and maintenance of administrative issues in the Sub-Directorate Management Accounting. This position is stationed in Cape Town.
• Grade 12 with Mathematics and or Accounting as passed subjects with relevant experience in administrative environment; • A valid (Code EB) driver’s licence.
• A tertiary qualification in Economics and or Accountancy as major subjects.
Key Performance Areas:
• Maintenance of filing system in the Sub-Directorate; • Collection and collation of relevant budget statistics; • Ensuring the upkeep of the monitoring and evaluation system of staff; • Organisation of meetings with Programme Managers and Programme Units; • Any task as assigned by the Budget Manager/ CFO; • Secretariat at Finance Focus meetings.
• Good understanding of the following:
o Financial norms and standards (Public Finance Management Act, National Treasury regulations, Provincial Treasury Directives); o Medium Term Expenditure Framework Budget process and procedures; o Adjustments Estimate process and procedures; o Financial Management System and its structures; o Appropriation accounts; o Submission to Accounting Officer, Minister, Cabinet, Treasury, Tender board; o PERSAL;
• Computer literacy (MS Office);
• Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Remuneration: R 142 461– R 167 814 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo proficiency tests.