ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER, OFFICE OF THE CHIEF DIRECTOR: HUMAN SETTLEMENT PLANNING, REF NO. HS 2016-214
Tracking Number: HS 2016-214
Job Title: Administrative Officer, Office of the Chief Director: Human Settlement Planning, Ref no. HS 2016-214
Department: Human Settlements
Salary level: 7
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms JJ Samson at (021) 483 4224
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job Purpose: The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to render a general administrative office support service to the Office of the Chief Director: Human Settlement Planning. This position is based in Cape Town.
- A 3-year B-Degree or National Diploma plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in rendering an administrative support service to Senior Management; or
- A Grade 12 (or equivalent) Certificate plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in rendering an administrative support service to Senior Management.
- Good working knowledge with experience in/of:
- Relevant legislation/policies/prescripts and procedures;
- Office Administration and Database Management;
- Financial and project management;
- General support systems such as BAS, CMATS, etc;
- Information and Record Management/Administration.
Key Performance Areas:
- Render a general administrative support service to the Chief Director;
- Financial Management of the Office of the Chief Director;
- Human Resource Management support functions of the Office of the Chief Director
- Good communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Good computer literacy skills in MS Office, Intranet and Internet;
- Good financial and project management skills;
- Good planning, organisation and record keeping skills;
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Good people skills;
- Good grooming and presentation skills;
- Good customer/client liaison skills;
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds;
- Ability to act with tact and discretion;
- Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work within specific timeframes;
- High level of reliability;
- Self-management and motivation;
- Innovative, pragmatic, creative, committed, assertive and diplomatic;
- Be accurate, responsible, and a diligent worker;
- Have a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Customer focus
Remuneration: R 211 194 – R 248 781 per annum (Salary level 7).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes Note: This position is specifically aimed to employ persons with disabilities within the Western Cape Government. The attached disability disclosure form is to be completed. Documentary evidence, as stipulated in Part E of the form must be submitted with your online application.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply for this specific post you applied for within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.