ADMINISTRATION CLERK: ADMISSION
Reference Number: Weslander 7/4/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Vredenburg Hospital Saldanha PHC (West Coast District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Must be prepared to work 12-hour shifts (i.e. night duty, weekends, and public holidays) and also overtime when required.
Competencies (knowledge and Skills):
- Knowledge of Patient Registration, UPFS system and Batho Pele principals.
- Assist with supervisor duties and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Admit, register patients and ensure availability of patient folders.
- Patient assessment and accurate data recording.
- Accurate collection, safekeeping of state money and patient valuables.
- Responsible for handling of patient enquiries.
- File patient folders, documents on a daily basis and handling of all general administration duties.
- Record keeping, retrieve patient folders, trace old folders, compile new folders and destruction of folders.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Weslander 7/4/2016)
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
Private Bag X3
(For the attention of Mr JI Engel)
Closing Date: 28 April 2016
Enquiries: Ms DM Philander
Tel: (022) 709 7246