Restaurant Support Assistant – Flexi/perm
Takealot a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Restaurant Support Assistant Flexi/perm to join our MR D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hard-working people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment, and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Restaurant Support Team Leader
Job Title: Restaurant Support Assistant
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing first-level support to Mr D Food restaurant partners.
- Assisting restaurants with:
- Any Mr D Food restaurant device problems
- Menu update requests,
- Individual order related queries raised by customers or restaurants
- Restaurant operations issues.
- Logging Zendesk tickets and assigning them to the relevant departments for second-level support. This includes Finance, Operations, Device Support and Product. Respond back to restaurants with the resolution once ticket is resolved.
- Monitoring the restaurant acceptance of food orders and contacting restaurants to ensure a high order acceptance percentage.
- Monitoring the connectivity performance of restaurant devices, performing basic troubleshooting, and/or escalating bigger problems to the device management team.
- Manually hiding and un-hiding menu items that are reported as out of stock.
- Daily reporting on Restaurant support activities, device performance and restaurant acceptance ratios.
- Logging of system errors and bugs as they arise.
- Working closely with Food CSM to provide restaurant information to him for Food CS to resolve customer problems
- Experience in supporting SAAS product beneficial.
- Flexibility to work shifts – able to work rotational shifts, Public Holidays, weekends and flexible hours as required by the business operation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member
- Able to communicate clearly and voice an opinion.
- A solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Process orientated.
- Passion for customer service.
- Passion for working in a start-up environment.
- Competence in Excel and Word.
- Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast paced, high-pressure environment, while maintaining high-quality outputs.
- Good analytical and reporting skills.
- National Senior Certificate or Higher
- Minimum of 6 -12 months call center environment or technical help desk experience
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun, and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed, and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY, and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.