Security Official | GSMD – Security Operations
Job Title: Security Official
Location: Cape Town, ZA
Organization Name: GSMD – Security Operations: Cape Town Cash Centre
Department Description: Group Security Management Department
The main purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard the personnel, facilities, and assets of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB), Cape Town Cash Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Conduct access and egress control in the areas of operation.
- Conduct guarding, patrolling, and escorting duties to safeguard the facility against illegal and/or unauthorized activity.
- Identify, respond to, and report all security and emergency threats, signals, and situations under all conditions.
- Monitor, maintain, and ensure the optimal utilization of all security systems, equipment, and signals.
- Perform evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies.
- Perform administrative duties such as report-writing and completing electronic occurrence books and pocketbooks.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of the functional areas, displaying a willingness to make improvements (including methods and practices).
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a Grade 12 certificate or an NQF 4 qualification;
- a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C qualification;
- a competency certificate in the handling of firearms (i.e. a 9 mm pistol, a semi-automatic rifle, and a shotgun);
- a minimum of two to five years of working experience in a secure environment;
- sound knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, including, but not limited to, the National Key Points (NKP) Act 102 of 1980 and Regulations, the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000, the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, as well as all the policies, procedures and operating instructions of the SARB relating to the use of firearms;
- a level of medical, psychological, and physical fitness commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position;
- professionalism, discipline, and the physical fitness to work long hours;
- and the availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.
Additional requirements include:
- following instructions and procedures;
- adapting and responding to change;
- writing and reporting;
- deciding and initiating action;
- adhering to principles and values;
- applying expertise and technology; and
- coping with pressures and setbacks.
The following would be an added advantage:
- completed NKP training;
- completed PSIRA training; and/or
- exposure to physical and tactical security training.
Trainee IT Specialist
Job ID: 9130
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Graduates / Trainees
Workplace Type: Head Office
Division: TFG Human Resources
Province: Western Cape
Location: Cape Town North
TFG is on the hunt for TRAINEE IT SPECIALISTS to join our crew #squadgoals
The TFG Grad Programme is designed to help you make a smooth transition into the world of work #dreamjob
Are you a social butterfly, networker, mover & shaker? If yes, then this is the Graduate Trainee Program for you!
You will engage with various individuals and teams in the business who will share their experience, knowledge, passion, and purpose, to help you successfully complete the structured training program
TFG is looking for dynamic individuals to join various teams within our IT Division.
To apply you need to have:
- A minimum 3-year relevant degree or diploma in Computer Science or Industry related qualification
- Classified as a youth in South Africa
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Understanding of Code
- Analysis ability
- Critical thinking ability
- Passion for technology
Competencies we are looking for:
- Presenting and Communicating
- Persuading and Influencing
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Driving and Persevering
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Applications with no academic results will not be considered Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Senior Store Manager – Foschini – Canal Walk
Job ID: 9124
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Store Management & Field
Workplace Type: Stores
Province: Western Cape
Location: Cape Town West
Suburb: Century City (Milnerton)
FOSCHINI offers a DYNAMIC and FUN working environment, with outstanding CAREER OPPORTUNITIES…If you have a Friendly, Real, Expressive & Passionate personality then we may have the career you’ve been waiting for!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Store Manager to take on the responsibility of the Foschini Canal Walk. This store is in need of an achievement-orientated person with excellent customer service and people management skills. The position requires retail experience, a flair for visual merchandising, and a good head for figures and administration.
- Driving turnover to ensure achievement of targets Controlling expenses
- Managing stock losses to ensure shrinkage is in line with the company standard
- People management, including, recruitment, development, and training of staff, employee relations, performance management
- Executing in-store merchandise strategy and standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction by executing our customer service strategy and fulfilling the demands of our customers
- Minimum 3 years retail experience as a senior store manager
- Figure and admin orientated
- Organized and thorough
- An excellent leader and business manager
- Profit and turn overdriven
- Honesty in dealing with cash or finances
- Able to manage risk within the store
- At least two years experience at a management level
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Have the ability to learn quickly
- A relevant business qualification would be advantageous
- Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated
- groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Delivery Assistant x6 – Worcester
Location: Worcester, South Africa
Auto req ID: 248329BR
Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- Minimum: NQF 4 or Grade 12 or similar relevant qualification
- Valid Code 10 license older than 2 years with a PDP(For the Driver Salesman)
“PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer in line with the Employment Equity Act”
Job Type: Full-Time
Senior Surveillance and Access Control Engineer
Nashua Cape Town has a vacancy for a Senior Surveillance and Access Control Engineer ( CCTV, Access Control & IT experience) reporting to General Manager– Technical.
Install, support, maintain, repair, and manage ICT hardware, software, and peripheral equipment. – Liaise and work with third-party companies and suppliers when required to provide ICT support to customers.
- Grade 12 / N3 / NQF 4
- PSIRA Certification will be advantageous
- IT Experience is compulsory
- Sound knowledge/experience and certification on CCTV and Access Control
- Specific knowledge & experience with Hikvison & ZKteco products and Hikvision surveillance system
- Relevant experience in a similar position advantageous
- Valid Driver’s license and own vehicle
- Clean disciplinary, criminal, and credit record
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation, Commissioning, and Maintenance of ICT related products
- Attention to detail on all aspects of relevant responsibilities
- Adhering to the agreement between the client and the company
- Feedback to Management
- Problem Solving / Project Management
- Regular communication and development of a good relationship with the client
- Available to be on standby if and when required
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please indicate which position you are applying for. Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after submitting your CV, please take it that your application has not been successful.