CLICKS: CATEGORY ASSISTANT
REF: 11639/CLCK/Category Assistant/130215
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
Location: Western Cape
Offer: Market Related
Administratively managing and supporting all aspects of the Merchandise critical paths, e.g., new lines, promotions, Co-Ops, imports, LOA’s, new store openings, Club Card and private label, etc.
There is not a position at the moment for a Category Assistant however we are advertising for a talent pool of future Category Assistant positions that may arise. We may still require you to complete assessments and interviews as part of this process. When a position is available we will consider this talent pool for suitable candidates, in addition to the applications received.
- To assist in ensuring speed to market by listing product range/s are delivered timeously to meet our customer’s needs.
- To participate in the category strategic initiatives by providing input into the development and delivery of the category operating plan, e.g., market trends, research competitors, e.g. on shelf look and feel
- To administer and maintain the product database, e.g. listing products, vendors, product status etc
- To manage the control and review of marketing samples and pricing, both internally (BTB, Club card, Red-line, Brand Managers) and externally (vendors)
- To liaise with stores and vendors with regards to pricing queries, product availability, promotions and action these requests or issues timeously.
- Responsible for compiling and updating ad sheets, follow up with vendors with regards to deal confirmations and complete TEM Bill backs to maintain and improve the profitability of the category.
- To ensure accuracy and efficiency of pricing, TEM bill backs, product listings, store notifications new lines, promotions (ad sheets), Co-Ops, imports, LOA’s, new store openings, Club Card and Private label, etc under time and workload pressures.
- To build relationships with the category team stakeholders and external customers
- To manage the general office administration (filing, account queries) and adhoc duties as required by the department
Qualifications and Experience
- BCom Degree or Retail Management/Purchase Management Diploma – Desirable
- Previous experience as a Buyer’s Assistant – Essential
- Previous experience working with critical paths and project deadlines – Desirable
Skills, Abilities and Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of Buying principles desirable
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes desirable
- Knowledge of the Product lifecycle desirable
- Attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Administrative skills
- Planning & organising
- Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Time Management
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking