ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, CENTRE FOR E-INNOVATION, KUILS RIVER / CAPE TOWN – REF NO. DOTP 2016-245
Tracking Number: DOTP 2016-245
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Centre for e-Innovation, Kuils River/Cape Town – Ref No. DOTP 2016-245
Department: Department of the Premier
Salary level: 5
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Mr JC van Wyk at (021) 900 7188
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kuils River / Cape Town, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to render an administrative support service within the Directorate: Health Social Development and Regional Services. The successful candidate must be reliable and trustworthy. This position is stationed in Kuils River / Cape Town.
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent qualification);
- A valid driver’s licence (Code B or higher).
- Experience in an IT support environment; o Provide First line IT support to clients;
- Experience in office administration; o Verify job cards, timesheets, trip authorities, tracker reports, leave forms, logbooks etc. of network technologists.
Key Performance Areas:
- Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data;
- Keep and maintain the filing system and asset register for the component;
- Obtain quotations, complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items;
- Arrange travelling and accommodation;
- Capture and update expenditure in component.
- Computer skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail);
- Verbal and written communication skills; Planning, record keeping and organising skills; Knowledge and experience of Supply Chain Management procedures in the Public Service and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
Remuneration: R 142 461 – R 167 814 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests..