Chief Director: Security Risk Management
Closing Date: 2021/09/10
Reference Number: WCG210820-3
Tracking Number: CS 14/2021
Job Title: Chief Director: Security Risk Management
Ref No: CS 14/2021
Department: Community Safety
Salary: level 14
Inquiries: Adv. Y Pillay at (021) 483 9354
Job Type: Permanent
– Country: South Africa
– Province: Western Cape
– Town / City: Cape Town – CBD
The Department of Community Safety, Western Cape Government has an exciting employment opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual who wants to make a difference to provide strategic direction to the Chief Directorate so as to lead the safety and security agenda transversally for the Western Cape Government aligned to Provincial and National Strategy imperatives. This post is stationed in Cape Town, CBD.
- An appropriate 3-year B-degree/ Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) or higher qualification as recognized by SAQA;
- A minimum of 5 years relevant senior managerial level experience;
- A valid driving license;
- Completion of Certificate for entry into the SMS (Senior Management Service) upon appointment.
- Experience in Security Risk Management environment; Proven strategic capability and leadership.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic management, and participation in internal and external fora and structures as part of Departmental Leadership;
- Influence and maintain transversal structures;
- Promote safety and security risk management;
- Strategic development (governance within an internal and external focus) of Program to optimize the alignment of related resources within and across departments;
- Institutionalize and enhance people-centric and client-focused business processes;
- Ensure proactive measures to mitigate security-related risks;
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources;
- Effectively manage the performance of the chief directorate in line with the Annual Performance Plan of the Department;
- Effectively manage the expenditure budget.
Knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise/ Security Risk Management;
- Strategy Formulation
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Business Continuity Management
- People Management processes;
- Working knowledge of the Public Service Regulatory framework and specifically those pertaining to Information Security and Defensive Counter-Intelligence;
- Capacity Building;
- Community facilitation;
- Political Sciences and Public Policy;
- Strategic Capability and leadership,
- People Management and Empowerment,
- Program and Project Management,
- Financial Management and Change Management;
- High-level negotiation skills;
- Strong conceptual and formulation skills;
- Strategic Management and planning skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Innovation, problem-solving, and analysis skills;
- Strong Leadership skills with specific reference to the ability to display thought leadership in complex applications.
The all-inclusive salary package of R 1 251 183 per annum (Salary Level 14)
Note: The remuneration package consists of a basic salary (70%) and the employer’s contribution to the Pension Fund. The remainder of the package may be structured according to your personal needs.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates must make themselves available to be interviewed at a date, time, and place as decided by the selection panel.
The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments).
The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS Competency Assessment tools.
The nominated candidate will be required to complete the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme before they may be appointed to this post.
The purpose of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme, which is a public service-specific training program applicable to all applicants who aspire to join the SMS, is to ensure that potential SMS members have a background on processes and procedures linked to the SMS.
The duration of the online Pre-Entry Programme is 120 notional hours (15 days). Full details may be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/
Furthermore, thanks to the huge public interest we receive many applications for our positions, and as such will not be able to respond personally to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 10 weeks from the close of the advert please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.