CLEANER POSITION AVAILABLE
Reference Number: Athlone News 29/6/2016, Vukani 30/6/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
Institution: Vanguard Community Health Centre (Chief Directorate: Metro District Health Services)
Service Benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Appropriate experience as a cleaner.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Capable of using a polish machine.
- The ability to do physical tasks and operate heavy duty cleaning and household equipment.
- Render a shift service on weekends and public holidays, on day and night duty when required.
- Rotate in different departments according to operational needs and requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
Responsible for cleaning duties, including:
- refuse handling and maintenance of general neatness and hygiene of the area.
- Render assistance to the supervisor with general housekeeping duties such as control of cleaning and household equipment, care of linen and serving of patients.
- Attend in-service training appropriate to service delivery.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Athlone News 29/6/2016, Vukani 30/6/2016)
Salary: R 78 066 per annum
Salary Level: Level 1
Metro District Health Services
Southern/Western sub structure
DP Marais Nurses Home
Corner of White and Main Road
(For the attention of Mr F Le Roux)
Closing Date: 22 July 2016
Enquiries: Ms H Dreyer
Tel: (021) 695-8202