Client Service Consultant x 9
Standard Bank – Constantia
The Operations division of Standard Bank is at the very centre of all the bank’s procedures, enabling and optimising our Corporate and Investment Banking activities. We develop prototype concepts into robust, reliable solutions, constantly evolving our existing product range to help the bank maintain a competitive lead with our global clients. We are also in demand as internal consultants to the business, helping to manage the Bank’s assets through effective risk management and control systems. As part of this role we now seek an experienced professional, who will help guide our work to fulfil our ambitious growth strategy.
- To provide telephonic support on technical and product related queries to clients and internal stakeholders in line with the vision, strategy and values of Global Shared Services, Client Services and Standard Bank.
- To provide support to the operational processes.
- To provide a consistently high quality customer support service by efficiently processing allocated requests within the agreed turnaround times using adequate tools (systems / processes)
- To ensure that a strong service culture is upheld within the area.
- To optimize Client Services Frontline resources to achieve Business Objectives in line with the GSS strategy and the bank’s vision and values
- Adherence to Processes and Procedures (adherence to pre-defined processes for query resolutions and escalations to achieve service standards, reduce risk and cost)
- Ensure that queries are understood and resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
- Maintain and build exceptional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Manage the relationship with clients and stakeholders by providing regular feedback.
- Meet SLA.
- Thorough understanding of products and services.
- Ensure that all communication with clients is handled in a professional manner.
- Escalate service, product and operational gaps which impact on service delivery.
- Adherence to Work Schedules, (e.g. achieve targets on attendance, punctuality and break compliance).
- Quality Assurance (achieves quality standards, on calls, e-mails and query logging).
- Productivity (e.g. achieve targets on number of hours signed on to core duties i.e. calls, e-mails and fax).
- Report for duty according to your work schedule.
- Avail yourself to take calls within pre-defined productivity levels.
- Take breaks according to schedule.
- Process client queries according to the department’s quality standards.
- Refer queries that are out of your scope to the relevant area for resolution and ensure that you provide all relevant information.
- Log all queries processed on workflow tool according to pre-defined processes and procedures. Include all relevant information for reference and escalation purposes.
- Log on to IEX daily to check planned activities.
Preferred Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of 1- 5 years’ previous experience in customer service.
- Grade 12, preferably with or studying towards a tertiary qualification.
- Customer Service Experience
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Change Management –Working in an ever-changing environment requires receptivity to change.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels.
- Be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of MS Office suite, Internet & MS Outlook
Systems Management – The user will be using various applications:
- Terminal 3270
- Content Café – File-net
- BEB AUDIT LOG