ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: CORPORATE SERVICE RELATIONS MANAGEMENT, HEAD-OFFICE, REF NO. DSD 2016-215
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Tracking Number: DSD 2016-215
Job Title: Administrative Officer: Corporate Service Relations Management, Head-Office, Ref no. DSD 2016-215
Department: Social Development
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Ms A Boltman at (021) 483 6741
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Head-Office, Cape Town
The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to assist in the coordination of departmental operational service delivery obligations as required by the Corporate Services Centre (CSC) – Service Level Agreement. This position is based in Cape Town.
• A Senior Certificate plus a minimum of 3 year’s relevant experience; or
• A 3 year B-Degree/ National Diploma (as recognised by SAQA) with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
Knowledge of the Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations, as well as all policies and prescripts governing Human Resource Practices in the Public Service.
Key Performance Areas:
• To provide assistance in the coordination of the appointment of members of prescribed departmental committees such as the employment equity Consultative form (EECF) and Information Management Labour Caucus (IMLC) excluding the rendering of secretariat functions;
• Representing the Department at transversal forums;
• Assisting with logistical arrangements and the distribution, recording of general CSC communications/information;
• Provide assistance with the collation of consolidated departmental input/reports required by the Corporate Service centre;
• Keep record of all outgoing CSC correspondence;
• Assist in the facilitation of follow-up actions with the CSC as required;
• Perform supervisory functions including the management of all day-to-day workflow of team members and maintain discipline within the team context.
Knowledge of the following:
• Provincial human resource management policies, service level agreement and service schedules in terms of the working relationship with the Corporate Services Centre (CSC;
• Corporate governance requirements, with particular reference to prescribed plans and committees;
• Business and organisational structure of the department;
• Computer literacy in MS Office;
• Communication (written and verbal) skills in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
• Problem solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Remuneration: R 211 194 – R 248 781 per annum (Salary level 7)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a reply within 3 months after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.