DEPUTY DIRECTOR – DEPARTMENTAL COMMUNICATION, REF NO. CS 2016-206
Tracking Number: CS 2016-206
Job Title: Deputy Director – Departmental Communication, Ref no. CS 2016-206
Department: Community Safety
Salary level: 11
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms A Mohamed at (021) 483 3868
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
The Western Cape Government is seeking the services of an individual to render professional functions and duties in a vibrant environment. The successful candidate must be willing to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and must also be customer and service delivery orientated. The position is available immediately. This position is based in Cape Town.
- Appropriate B degree (or equivalent qualification);
- A minimum of 3 years relevant management experience;
- A valid code B driver’s licence.
- Proven experience in the Communication Sector.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for drafting and consulting on departmental communication plans;
- Ensure that departmental media liaison and public relations service is rendered;
- Responsible for facilitating/coordinating departmental functions, workshops, conferences, exhibitions, road shows and other events;
- Liaison with line function managers to ensure that the department’s intranet and internet web pages reflect factually correct and up-to-date information;
- Render a departmental language service;
- Ensure participation in the daily communication briefing sessions chaired by the strategic communications unit;
- Management of staff;
- Procurement of all the needs of the component.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Communication policy and strategies;
- Media liaising and public relations;
Proven computer literacy in MS package (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook);
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official language of the Western Cape
- Excellent organisation and planning skills;
- Events Management and Project Management skills;
- Human Resource and Financial Management.
Remuneration: R 612 822- R 721 878 per annum
Salary level: 11(all-inclusive salary package).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Monday June 27th, 2016 5:00pm.