STATE ACCOUNTANT – INTERNAL CONTROL – ASSURANCE SERVICES, REF NO. DEDAT 2016-205
Tracking Number: DEDAT 2016-205
Job Title: State Accountant – Internal Control – Assurance Services, Ref no. DEDAT 2016-205
Department: Department of Economic Development and Tourism
Salary level: 8
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Ms Bronwen Coetzee at (021) 483 9088
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Western Cape Government is looking for an individual to render professional functions and duties in a service delivery environment. The successful candidate must be competent in monitoring and reporting on the effective, efficient and transparent systems of financial and risk management and internal control. The position is available immediately and the appointment is scheduled for 1 October 2016. This position is based in Cape Town.
- Bachelor Accounting Degree (or Btech Internal Auditing) with a minimum of 3 years working experience in an auditing (Internal Control, Internal Audit or Compliance Management) environment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Providing inputs into policies, procedures and processes pertaining to the internal control unit;
- Assisting in the development of compliance monitoring tools;
- Render advice on policy development in terms of compliance and controls;
- Evaluating the effectiveness of financial prescripts (inspections);
- Ensure implementation of corrective measures and preventative controls with regard to CGRO (Corporate Governance Review and Outlook), GAP (Governance Action Plan) and FMCMM (Financial Management Capability Maturity Model);
- Maintain financial information and Knowledge Management;
- Undertaking and maintaining a high standard of financial and performance inspections;
- Conduct analytical review procedures;
- Report on any control deficiencies or non-compliance within financial management;
- Provide support with the management of fraud prevention, detection and correction in the department.
- Working knowledge of Auditing and Accounting Standards;
- Knowledge of National Treasury Regulations and Provincial Treasury instructions;
- Knowledge and insight of the Public Service financial legislations, procedures and Treasury Regulations (PFMA, DORA, PSA, PSR, PPPFA, Financial Manual);
- Basic knowledge of Risk Management Systems;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and ACL or other audit software;
- Communication (written and verbal) in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Government;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Report writing skills.
Remuneration: R 262 272 – R 308 943 per annum (Salary level 8)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes: Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you do not get a response within 3 months after the closing date.