Reference Number: Tygerburger (Bellville) 9/03/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Forensic Pathology Service, Metro District Office (Chief Directorate: Metro District Health Services)
- 13th cheque, employer`s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowances.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate administrative experience.
- Experience in Procurement.
Inherent requirements of the job:
A valid (Code B/EB) drivers licence
- Willingness to travel.
- Prepared to work overtime.
- Ability tio communicate clearly and discreetly in person and in writing.
- Ability to collate and verify data and work accurately and methodically.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and interpret and apply policies.
- Above average computer and software literacy (MS Excel and Word).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Keep record of budget planning and expenditure control.
- Assist with all typing, filing, answering telephone and taking messages.
- Attend requested meetings, take minutes and distribute to Area Managers.
- Collate data, submit reports and conduct elementary research on HR matters on behalf of Manager.
- Keep record of absenteeism and leave of staff.
- Make travel arrangements on behalf of Manager.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Tygerburger (Bellville) 9/03/2016)
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
The Chief Director
General Specialist and Emergency Services
Private Bag X15
(For the attention of Ms G Owies)
Closing Date: 1 April 2016
Enquiries: Mr KR Jones
Tel: (021) 928-1512
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Friday April 1st, 2016 12:00pm.