Administrative Officer, Sub Directorate: Municipal Human Settlement Planning, Ref no. HS 2016-217 > Close Date: 2016/06/27
Job Title: Administrative Officer, Sub Directorate: Municipal Human Settlement Planning, Ref no. HS 2016-217
Department: Human Settlements
Salary level: 7
Reporting To: Ms IM Nel at (021) 483 6237
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to render a general administrative office support service to the Sub-Directorate: Municipal Human Settlement Planning. This position is based in Cape Town.
• A 3-year B-Degree or National Diploma plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in a general administrative office support working environment; or • A Grade 12 (or equivalent) Certificate plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in a general administrative office support working environment.
Recommendation Good working knowledge with experience in/of: • General office administration and database management;
• General support systems such as BAS, CMATS, etc;
• Information and Records Management/Administration;
• Administrative procedures and processes; • Procurement processes, specifically the procurement of professional services;
• Render a general administrative support service; • Render a financial and procurement support service; • People Management.
• Good communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
• Good computer literacy skills in MS Office packages and the Internet;
• Good implementation and monitoring skills;
• Good planning, organising and record keeping skills;
• Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Good customer/client liaison skills;
• Good record keeping skills;
• Ability to work under pressure, willingness to work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to work within specific timeframes;
• Ability to draft submissions, reports, etc;
• Ability to act with tact and discretion;
• Must be innovative, creative, pragmatic, assertive, flexible, decisive, persuasive, impartial and consistent;
• Self-confident, motivated and disciplined;
• Have a multi-disciplinary approach;
• Customer focused.