DEPUTY DIRECTOR – MONITORING AND EVALUATION, REF NO. CS 2016-202
Closing Date: 25 April 2016
Tracking Number: CS 2016-202
Job Title: Deputy Director – Monitoring and Evaluation, Ref no. CS 2016-202
Department: Community Safety
Salary level: 11
Reporting To: Mr D Oosthuizen at (021) 483 5695
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
The Department of Community Safety, Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to lead a team to effectively monitor and oversee the effectiveness and efficiency of the Police Service. This individual must have good knowledge of Police systems and operating procedures. The position is based in Cape Town.
• An appropriate 3 year National Diploma/B-degree (as recognised by SAQA) with 3 years’ management experience;
• A valid driver’s licence.
Experience in the following would serve as a recommendation:
• Monitoring and evaluation of police performance;
• Financial management at supervisory level;
• Human resource management at supervisory level.
Key Performance Areas:
• Monitoring of police conduct;
• Evaluating police efficiency and effectiveness i.t.o implementing policies;
• Evaluating the implementation of Domestic Violence legislation and policies;
• Monitoring of Departmental projects;
• Implementing Special National and Provincial oversight projects;
• Observation with SAPS and Departmental Senior Management.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Police oversight methodologies;
o Policing function at Station level;
o Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Policy Development/ formulation;
• Financial and Corporate Administration;
• Project management skills;
• Research methods.
Remuneration: R 612 822 – R 721 878 per annum – Salary level 11 (all-inclusive salary package).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. If you do not get a response within 3 months afetr the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.