DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND PUBLIC WORKS > DIRECTOR: ROAD DESIGN
Closing Date: 29 April 2016
Tracking Number: TPW 2016-222
Job Title: Director:Road Design
Department: Transport and Public Works
Salary level: 13
Reporting To: Mr LG Fourie (021 4835400)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town – CBD
Ensure the appropriate management of road infrastructure design, both through outsourcing and internal practices, is undertaken to appropriate and safe standards and conventions, and to ensure optimum utilisation of funds within the Western Cape Provincial Road Network.
– Postgraduate Degree in Civil Engeneering (NQF Level 8 as recognised by SAQA).
– Compulsory registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a professional Engineer.
– A minimum of 5 years middle management experience.
– Valid code B Drivers license
Key Performance Areas:
– Develop and maintain design strategies, manuals and standards.
– Manage the design of all aspects of road infrastructure, including, but not limited to:
– Traffic Engineering
– Manage all aspects relating to material sourcing and quality control.
Manage operational traffic engineering aspects including:
– Overload control
– Traffic signs
– Abnormal loads
– Develop and maintain data management systems including GISc, survey and mapping.
– Knowledge and proven ability and experience in the field of road design.
– Knowledge of Programme and Project Planning.
– Knowledge of existing national, provincial and local policies in a multi-disciplinary professional environment.
– Willingness to travel away from the headquarters on a regular basis.
– Computer literacy.
– Sound engineering and professional judgement.
– Strategic capability and leadership.
– Decision making.
– Financial Management.
– Communication and people management skills.
– Technical report writing.
Remuneration: All-inclusive salary package of R 864 177 – R 1 017 972 per annum (Salary level 13).
Note: The remuneration package consists of a basic salary (70%) and the employer’s contribution to the Pension Fund. The remainder of the package may be structured according to your personal needs.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS Competency Assessment tools.