11 POSITIONS AVAILABLE: STATE ACCOUNTANT (1 YEAR CONTRACT – T4H POOL STAFF)
Reference Number: Gumtree/Jobrapido 15/4/2016, PSVC16/ 2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Economic Advisory and Support Personnel
Institution: Directorate: Business Development, Head Office, Cape Town
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and/or Accounting as a passed subject and/or Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KRA’s) of the post.
- Appropriate experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) drivers licence.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and MS Office.
- Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to think analytically and logically.
- Report writing, research and presentation skills.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist in the effective and efficient overall monitoring and control of Supply Chain Management (Procurement) and ensure compliance to all relevant laws and prescripts.
- Assist in the compilation and provision of technical assistance of monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual reports for Department submission on behalf of the Directorate.
- Assist with the compilation of reports, guidelines, policies and protocols.
- Provide strategic support and oversight to the various projects and proposals of the Department.
- Assist with adhoc matters or with research and administrative work not encompassed above but which directly is aligned to the functioning of the Department.
Note: A competency test will form part of the selection process. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Gumtree/Jobrapido 15/4/2016, PSVC 16/2016)
Salary: R 196 278 per annum, Plus 37% in leu of service benefits.
Salary Level: Level 7
The Director: People Practices and Administration
Department of Health, PO Box 2060
Cape Town, 8000
(Attention: Ms C Versfeld)
Closing Date: 6 May 2016
Enquiries: Mr ME Manning
Tel: (021) 483-9356