Reference Number: South Cape Forum 25/5/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
Institution: Riversdale Hospital (Eden District)
13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Basic numeracy and literacy (ABET).
Appropriately cleaning experience in a Hospital/Health environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Rotate between departments according to the needs of the service.
- Render a shift service, weekends and public holiday, on day or night duty, overtime when required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and the cleaning of equipment.
- Good communications skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good interpersonal relations with colleagues, supervisor and the public.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for the cleaning duties such as dusting, washing, scrubbing, polishing, refuse handling, cleaning of windows, walls and light shades.
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, e.g. polishing, scrubbing machines, mops, brooms and buckets are clean after usage and securely stored.
- Render assistance to the supervisor with general housekeeping duties such as control of cleaning and household equipment and care of linen.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
This post was also advertised in South Cape Forum 25/5/2016.
Salary: R 84 096 per annum
Salary Level: Level 2
The District Manager
Eden District Office
Private Bag X6592
(For attention: Ms S Pienaar)
Closing Date: 17 June 2016
Enquiries: Ms MD Draai
Tel: (028) 713 8643