Remuneration: R25000 – R27000 per month Cost to company
Location: Pretoria, Lynnwood Ridge
Education level: Degree
Job level: Management Snr
Own transport required: Yes
Travel requirement: Occasional
Key general responsibilities:
- Timeous, comprehensive, accurate and actionable reporting on all financial aspects of the company.
- Perform investigations regarding the effectiveness and efficiencies of the finance department and formulate proposals for improvement where necessary.
- Timeous presentations of realistic operational and capital budgets and review performance against budgets in line with finance goal plan on a weekly, monthly and yearly base.
- Effectively execute processes to generate positive audit reports, including weekly audit preparation meetings and monthly review meetings.
- Implementations of an effective investment policy as directed by the directors of the company, and prepare investment schedules.
- Preparation and maintenance of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Finalisation of salary authorisation and release on banking.
- Generate, maintain and review management accounts.
- Management of debtors control and revenue reporting to directors through debtors and cashbook clerk.
- As the head of the day to day operations of the finance department, you will be responsible for on the job training, coaching and mentoring of finance department staff.
- Approval of all payments made by Finance Administrator and salary and wage payments submitted by HR.
Asset and risk management:
- Cost-effective maintenance and risk management of registered property, office equipment, vehicles and other assets.
- Acceptable costs of maintenance and insurance within defined strategy and budget.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining an updated company asset register and ensuring that the company asset register is updater on a monthly base.
Reporting and administrative responsibilities:
- Monthly statements to be obtained from creditors to be reconciled with accounting records.
- Accurate and timeous preparation of financial statements for completion by auditor.
- Obtaining VIP reports from HR on or before the fifth of every month to be submitted for PAYE payments for Silver Meadow Trading and Phat Box.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate submission of:
- Workman’s compensation;
- Equity report;
- IRP5 submission;
- UIF submissions.
Company Vat, tax, PAYE, UIF and SDL management:
- Monthly Vat, PAYE and Income Tax calculation that are to be compiled and submitted by the last day of the month for the previous month for Silver Meadow Trading and every second month for Phat Box.
- Preparation of provisional tax calculations for submission to the auditors for review every August and February of every financial year.
- Ensuring that VAT, PAYE and income tax payments are made within the required timeframes on a monthly base in order to avoid possible penalties.
- Submission and payment of IRP6 every August and every February of the financial year to company auditors.
- Address and resolve all adhoc tax queries for VAT, PAYE, payroll taxes, income tax and dividend withholding Tax as and when they arise.
- Submission of the annual returns to CIPC for all companies within the group as communicated by CIPC on an annual base.
- Submission of return of earnings to the department of labour for Silver Meadow and Phat Box for workman’s compensation fund every August.
Company debtors and creditors:
- Reconciliation of inter-company debtors and creditors on a monthly base.
- Allocating supplier cost to correct cost of sales account on a weekly base.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with debtors and cashbook clerk to ensure that all deliverables as per the finance workflow in line with debtors and creditors are actioned.
- Weekly billing status meetings with account managers and new business department for the purpose of accurately updating the company’s billing status weekly.
Finance department workflow, backbone and goal plan:
- Create and maintain effective internal financial controls and processes that are available on the company backbone.
- Follow, adjust and maintain all processes strictly as outlined in the finance department workflow.
- Update and adjust the finance department workflow according to the operational requirements of the company and all subsidiaries associated thereto.
- Maintain and adjust the finance department goal plan to ensure that all monthly, quarterly and yearly deliverables are met.
- Alignment of financial forecast company business plan for comparison and goal measurement purposes.
- Review and approval of all payment schedules and supporting documentation that are to be made with regards to salaries and wages as submitted for approval Human Resources on a monthly base.
- Approval of supplier payments on a daily basis and handover these payments for capture by the debtors and cashbook clerk.
- Approval and processing of any adhoc payment requests as and when required
- Approving and sending payment instructions for any and all EFT payments that may be required on a weekly base.
Full accounting function (bank and cash):
- Weekly importing of bank statement to pastel
- Processing of transactions on pastel
- Ensure that debit orders are complete and accurate
- Proof of payments to be sent to Debtors and Cashbook Clerk
- Following up with debtors and Cashbook Clerk if proof of payments were saved/filled and sent on a weekly base to the relevant individual, company or institution.
- FICA accounts are processed on due dates.
- Bank charges review cost structure and overdraft facility annually.
- Active management of the company’s cash flow in line with operational requirements of the company.
- Effective cashflow planning to determine cost of sales and working capital
- Report on the financial position of the group on a weekly base through cash flow meetings to the directors of the company.
- Reporting on a monthly base on budgets, actual and year to date figures.
- Management of billing status and tracking of outstanding billing and PO’s through the debtors and cashbook clerk.
- Develop and maintain the job bag process through the Magnetic System.
- Ensure that all job bags that are opened are saved in the finance folder on the shared drive.
- Review job bag recons to ensure accuracy on a monthly base.
- Close job bags on a monthly basis.
- Report on all job bags closed in each new month.
- Utilising company systems and process effectively.
- Compare job bags to financial reporting.
- Maintain an open relationship with all clients.
- Oversee all client related functions in terms of the impact such functions may have on the cash flow of the company.
- Oversee tracking on PO’s and payments by the debtors and cashbook clerk.
Annual audit and reviews:
- Maintain an open and good relationship with the company’s auditors.
- Preparation of accounting record for the annual audit and reviews for the group.
- Service the quarterly finance and audit committee meetings.
- Provide assistance to the appointed auditors with regard to information required during audit.
- Any other reasonable request in line with the operational requirements of the business
- Qualification: a three year BCom degree in accounting or equivalent qualification / experience
- Three to five years’ financial management and accounting experience.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in Pastel Partner 14 and VIP Payroll
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Must be able to provide solutions to problems relevant to his/her position
- Must have excellent communication skills oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player but can work independently as well
- Must have administrative experience
- Must be able to pay attention to detail & be well organised
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritise as well as coordinate & manage workflows
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be an excellent ambassador for the company
- Must possess a positive, solution focused attitude
- Able to work & meet deadline.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Logical & process driven
- High energy levels
- High stress threshold
- Forward thinking
- Strong numerical ability (accuracy)
- Reconciliation experience
- Must have high levels of integrity
Phat Brand Activations
Tel: (012) 348-5070