Our client in the Southern Suburbs seeks and experienced Front of house Receptionist urgently.
- Grade 12
- Secretarial Certificate
- Computer Knowlegde
- Switchboard experiance
- Answer, screen and transfer telephone calls
- Meet and great clients
- Responsible for reception area
- All administration duties
- Keep reception neat and clean
Location: Soutern Suburbs, Cape Town
Reference number: CPT001234/Andy/1
EE/AA Status: Non EE/AA
Tower Group (Pty) Ltd. – Gauteng
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Thursday June 30th, 2016 5:00pm.
FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
- Preferable Grade 12 or higher qualification
- Experience in the hospitality sector, specifically the hotel industry
- Computer literate with Opera experience
- Front Office experience
- Pay attention to detail
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
- Ensure that the checking in procedure runs smoothly
- Manage the registration process
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
- Handle guest check-in and check-out appropriately
- Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
- Provide guests with room key and call for porter to assist guest to room or to transport
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and traveling
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
- Compute bills and take payment
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
- Explain the appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
- Balance cash at the end of the shift ad generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
Job ID: 116128
Job Title: FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Job Classification: Reception/Concierge
Location: Cape Town
Salary Type: Monthly
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please Note: Employers and Recruiters may expire a job post at any time. This post expires on Friday March 25th, 2016 4:27pm.
RECEPTIONIST – CBD
Do you enjoy being the front face of a Corporate Company while doing Reception and Administration duties? Leading Property Company based in Cape Town CBD requires a Receptionist to run their front office in a professional manner. The right person will be neat and presentable at all times as befitting the forefront of the business.
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R 10000.00 – R 12000.00
- Provide office support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Office
- Welcome guests and visitors, making them comfortable and offering refreshments
- Manage all correspondence, post, parcels, courier and delivery services
- Oversee the general housekeeping of the Reception, Meeting and Boardroom area
- Assist the Executive PA with catering arrangements for various functions
- Receive, direct/redirect and relay telephone calls and take adequate/detailed messages as required
- Manage stationery requirements through stock take, distribution and ordering of relevant supplies
- Manage general office supplies e.g. business cards, lightbulbs, cleaning products etc.
- Ensure sufficient stock of cartridges & paper is available – order additional supplies as necessary
- Arrange and administer access cards & remotes
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office premises and equipment as requested.
- Coordinate any facilities issues e.g. fire drills, building maintenance notifications, etc.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment in the kitchen.
- Assist/support any director, staff Member or client with general administration or any other reasonable work-related instruction and/or function e.g. typing documents, filing, setting up files, arranging travel etc.
- Minimum Matric qualification
- Minimum 5 years office admin / reception or PA experience
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Proficient in MS Office & good typing skills
- Highly effective communications skills. (Ability to speak, read & write in English)
- Ability to handle stress and stay calm under any circumstances
- Decision making skills should an issue arise.
- Ability to type and compile documents for any member of staff.
- Time management skills
- Professionalism with all staff, clients and suppliers at all times
- Ability to do the Cleaner / Office Server role when required
- Work with discretion and confidentiality – be honest and trustworthy
- A willingness to carry out any reasonable and lawful instruction related to work; as given by an authorized person.