MONITORING OFFICER (YOUTH DEVELOPMENT), REF NO. DSD 2016-233
Tracking Number: DSD 2016-233
Job Title: Monitoring Officer (Youth Development), Ref no. DSD 2016-233
Department: Social Development
Salary level: 8
Closing Date: 27 June 2016
Reporting To: Mr L Arnolds @ (021) 483 6657
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ two individuals to provide administrative support to the programme. This individual must be co-operative, high tolerance level and reliable in order to successfully perform in this position This position is stationed in Cape Town.
• A relevant 3-year B-Degree as recognised by SAQA;
• A minimum of 3 year’s experience.
Key Performance Areas:
• Assist with the implementation and quality assurance of the contents of relevant NPO File Plans of the relevant sub-directorate;
• Manage the engagement with NPO’s on all relevant issues pertaining to progress reports, source documents and logistically coordinate stakeholder meetings with NPO’s and Regions;
• Assist with the administrative process around the role-out of programmes within the community and partnership development environment;
• Provide high level administrative support to the Line Function Programme Manager namely:
• Evaluation of programme performance;
• Administrative support and collection and verification of NFD information;
• Reporting on findings;
• Assist the programme with the administrative processes of NPO contract management (TPA’s) and the compiling of TPA’s;
• Assist with the development of operational review of sud-directorate line function operations;
• To ensure horizontal and vertical alignment with programme offices and other relevant Departments and institutions such as Auditor-General, Internal Control, and Internal Audit units.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Funding, NFD processes applicable to community and partnership development;
o Contract Management;
o Constitutional, legal and institutional arrangements governing the South Africa public sector;
o Policy Development;
o Computer literacy;
• Good communication (verbal and written) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province.
Remuneration: R 262 272 per annum (Salary Level 8).
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed. Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees’ service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Notes Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.