Administration Clerk: Admissions (Support Services: Trauma Unit)
Reference Number: People’s Post: 19/4/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate secretarial experience.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Relief and other related duties.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Language and minute-taking skills.
- Knowledge of office administration practice.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing proficiency.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Professional appearance and approach.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Effectively provide typing and Secretarial Support Service.
- Office management and reception function.
- Create, register, database maintenance and electronic management of records.
- Type documents, reports, correspondence.
- Photocopy hospital folders.
- Prepare documents for completion by medical staff.
- Ensure timeous submission of statistics data as well as collate and compile monthly report and statistical data.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Computer typing and language proficiency tests may be required.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department orwww.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (People’s Post: 19/4/2016)
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
The Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital
Private Bag X4
(Attention: Ms N Mbilini)
Closing Date: 13 May 2016
Enquiries: Ms C Barker
Tel: (021) 404-3177