Reference Number: Vukani 23/6/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Personnel
Institution: Michael Mapongwana CHC (Incumbent will be stationed at Khayelitsha CHC) (Chief Directorate: Metro District Health Services)
13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
Appropriate experience in working in communities and informal settlements.
- Proficiency (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- The ability to accept accountability and responsibility and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Knowledge and skills to plan, manage, monitor and evaluate a project, including simple research and situation/needs analysis.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Assist with the planning and implementation health projects in facilities, schools and communities to meet objectives.
- Liaise with stockholders to promote and integrated approach to health care.
- Health education sessions and support to clients.
- Support facility manager and assist teams with health promotions during campaigns and keep effective record of activities and consumables.
- Distribute condoms (internally and externally) and account for the numbers on weekly and monthly basis.
- Work together with students and assist them with health promotion projects and compile community profiles.
- Effective development of clients through projects to change behaviour.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned.
Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Vukani 23/6/2016)
MORE DETAIL & HOW TO APPLY:
Salary: R 119 154 per annum
Salary Level: Level 4
Khayelitsha/Eastern Sub-structure Office
c/o Walter Sisulu and Steve Biko Road
(For the attention of Ms E Weaver)
Closing Date: 15 July 2016
Enquiries: Ms D Binza
Tel: (021) 360-5200