ADMINISTRATION CLERK: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (PEOPLE MANAGEMENT)
Reference Number: Theeuwaterskloof Gazatte 3/5/2016, Hermanus Times 5/5/2016
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Hermanus Hospital (Overberg District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in People Management.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good computer (MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), numeracy and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of the People Management prescripts in the Public Service.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to function under pressure and meet deadlines.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for recruitment and selection, appointments, sessional appointments, service terminations, promotions, translations in rank and transfers of personnel on the PERSAL System.
- Handling all aspects pertaining to People Management i.e. salary matters, commuted overtime, housing allowances and pension matters.
- Handling all personnel queries and correspondence, resignations, retirements, deaths and ill-health retirement.
- Responsible for leave and pillir handling, auditing of personnel and leave folders.
- Application of general administration, office correspondence, enquiries and supervisor support, implementation and application of People management policies.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Theeuwaterskloof Gazatte 3/5/2016, Hermanus Times 5/5/2016)
Salary: R 142 461 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
Overberg District Office
Private Bag X07
(For the attention of Ms A Brits)
Closing Date: 27 May 2016
Enquiries: Mr N Adams
Tel: (028) 313 5204